Russian metallurgy: current state and development forecast of steelmaking capacities
Vladimir Terlovoi , deputy director of Metal Expert Consulting, participated in II All-Russia conference Wire-Hardware held on 12-13 September 2013 in Orel, with the report “Russian metallurgy: current state and development forecast of steelmaking capacities”.
Key issues of the report:
– Growth of steel product consumption in Russia is due to construction industry only;
– Key investments into Russian steel industry – construction of mini-mills;
– Demand for steel products is expected to grow annually by 5-6% on average, which is a necessary condition for the development of Russia’s economy in general;
– The market is at its turning point as it is facing an oversupply in short- and medium term;
– Market players have to quickly respond to changes, using reliable information and unbiased estimates of market perspectives;
– Russia’ steelmaking industry’s success in the global market will to a great extent depend on adequacy of estimates as to the global market development perspectives as well as on the efficiency of raw materials usage.
|© 2004-2018 Metal Expert LLC, all rights reserved||Back to top|